You know how sometimes you just want to have a hymn sing?
Well, today is that day.
Share with the group five favorite hymns or praise songs or songs that bring you close to the Spirit (that's a pretty wide net!) and why they are special to you.
Bonus if you can share Youtube videos or audio files of one or two or more.
Here's one that I love, to get you started. Take Our Bread, by Joe Wise. It reminds me of growing up in the charismatic renewal movement in the 70's.
1. Praise to the Lord. Love this hymn. It was played at J's ordination on Jan. 6 1977, the fors and the line "see what the Almighty can do" popped out at me. I was RC at the time and it made my day. It also said something about vocation and my way to the Episcopal Church to be the priest that I was supposed to be.
2. Like MB, I come up with a number of the old guitar things when I played at College Church at St. Louis University in the early 70's: Here Am I, Lord, from the St. Louis Jesuits.
3. I heard the voice of Jesus say, the Thomas Tallis tune still draws me to prayer.
4. My Song is Love Unknown is another one that I go to when I want to enter prayer. http://youtu.be/HMart4wXsI0
5. When I was at Taize back in 1995 Nada Te Turbe was being sung. I fell in love with it.http://youtu.be/go1-BoDD7CI
I don't know how to attach a youtube but here are the addresses. There was another Taize tune that I love that was also in Spanish that was from Santa Teresa of Avila but I can't remember the name of it. It was about Light--Luz that also moved me to tears.
And for some reason the links to pictures are being problematic for me today.