Singing Owl posted a challenge to hope in today's Friday Five:
I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but it does seem a good time for some reflection and planning. For the last few days I keep thinking of Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. Among other things, that seems to say that reflection is in order if we want to learn and grow.
For some of us, this has been an incredibly difficult year; for others it has been a year of many joys. For all of us, there have been challenges and questions and there have been blessings and--maybe even an answer or two! As we say our goodbyes to 2010 and look towards 2011, share with us five blessings from 2010 along with five hopes or dreams for 2011.
Blessings are usually hopes and hopes are usually blessings for me. I am in my 6th decade and my hopes are high in my retirement. At the same time there is a precariousness in life as my energies begin to not be as dependable as they once were.
- Pension Fund
- a kitten
- the strides made in LGBT issues in the past year.
- leisure to enjoy the warm climate.
- being close to family and childhood friends
- I can find a part-time position to use the gifts I have.
- The rebuilding of the diocese here be one filled with caring and support
- Good health for J and me.
- To continue to respond to Christ's love through living a more Christian life each day.
- Get the house ready to have house guests and that the house will survive the kitten!!