Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Five: Late!!




I have looked repeatedly at RevGals to see where today's Friday Five is. . . . AND only right now, at 2 pm in Texas, do I realize I am the one in charge! I am sorry I am so late and forgetful.
That brings forth all the times I've been late or forgot something. How about you?
When have you been late or a no-show? When have you forgotten something or someone? Jan

Periodically—in fact these days it is more the rule than the exception, I forget stuff.  I know Jan feels as much a fool as I do when such things happen.  But I am so thankful that you didn’t come out with this until late.  For us Anglican types, we have been all over the internet with the Archbishop of Canterbury’s resignation today. I had 174 emails between 8:30 am and noon.  I only now have time to play with the FF.

1. at church:  I overslept once and got there for the blessing. And I forgot to set my clock last week and almost was late—that sermon was preached  WBC (without  benefit of coffee).  Not a pretty sight.  But we have a worship team that is always ready to do Morning Prayer if need be.

2. at home:  Almost every day!  Getting up, getting dinner, getting groceries, always emptying the cat box. Thank God we are both retired!

3. at work:  See above.

4. with friends: I forgot to pick someone up at the airport once.  ARGGGGG.

5. ? where else?:  I forget my keys, billfold, jacket, glasses with such great regularity I now have a ritual before I leave the house that includes patting pockets and a litany that keeps me on track.  Perhaps I will set it to music.  I know it will be a hit with the Boomers!  And I also forget that I have forgotten.  Isn’t age wonderful???  You young things pay attention:  At least we muthahs have an excuse!

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so glad you empathize with me! I totally understand all the incidents you've described. I also understand when both members of a couple are retired!

Gus said...

I love the idea of setting the going-out-the-door litany to music. Since I go to a spike church, I'm thinking chant--antiphonal chant, something like this, with the over-50's doing V and everyone else doing R:

V: Do I have my glasses and my keys?
R: Who needs glasses?
V: Where is my billfold?
R: What's a "billfold"?
V: Don't get smart with me, children. This is your future!
R: Wait, I have a text.

And the pocket-patting would be a sort of liturgical dance move.

Muthah+ said...

(with profound bow and a couple of davens) It will work. Deo gratias