I don't know about you, but my life seems to have a lot of random surprises lately. Just little things,
like the doggy in the picture, who was rescued by a Good Samaritan from running into traffic, who then brought him to the police, who brought him to my neighbor's house. I took the doggy, now named Scout, to the vet on Monday, and the woman behind the desk said, "This dog looks so familiar. Were you here last week?" I told her no, that this particular dog is a stray, and she looked at me, and said (use your best Boston accent here), "Oh my GAWD! I rescued that dog on Satuhday! I took him to the police!" and then she proceeded to tell me the story. She was Scout's angel.
So, for our Friday Five, I invite you share five random things about you, or five random thoughts, or five random surprises in your life.
- I am not Christmasy. We seldom decorate and we don't do much shopping. But I do enjoy driving around at night with Christmas music on the radio looking at the lights. I usually like doing this alone so that all my childhood aversions to Christmas don't disturb others. But it often surfaces good Christmas memories that are good to hold on to.
- I notice that I have not been blogging. When last week's Friday Five is my last post it annoys me and I get off my duff and put my thinking cap on. I may have a more recent blog article by the time you get here.
- I am fed up with paper! I thought computers were supposed to diminish paper--why do I now have more paper every day? And my printer isn't even working!
- Tomorrow is the ordination of a colleague and Revgal Amy. I pray for her to have as holy an experience of her priesthood as I have been given.
- I hate being old and out of the loop. In my head I am still in my 30's--at least until I try to stand up!