Our FF today is in honor of spontaneous thinking!
1. What religion/faith besides yours captures your curiousity and why?
Hmmmm. Judaism has always caught my fancy and I consider myself as an adopted Jew as a Christian. Judaism's strong connection to family and home has always been a drawing card. But I am not culturally Jewish and I knew that would always be a hindrance to me. I am somewhat drawn to Buddhism because of the place of meditation in that faith. But Shinto has appealed to me because of seeing the sacred in nature is a place where I could go to find the Holy.
2. What is the first or most memorable pop song you ever learned as a kid?
3. If God were a color.....(finish this sentence creatively) Probably Blue-Green. But the Holy changes color at every moment.
4. If you were going to make a sandwich right now for lunch, and you magically had all the items you need for it, what would that sandwich be? I love BLT's and I do have the makes for it. But even more, I love Italian Hoagies with no peppers unless they are sweet reds.
5. How are you doing? Really, how are you? I am not in a good place this morning. J. just came home from hospital yesterday. I am headachy and tired and because J. is up, I need to be up. I am beginning to wonder if it isn't time for us to move to a retirement center. More and more of the home duties are falling to me and I have always hated to do 'domestic' stuff. I love the cooking but not the clean up. I can't do the yard work anymore and it is getting expensive to have it done. J would benefit in a retirement center. It would help her get out more often and free me from having to wait on her. But waiting on her is part of the deal of love. I AM really happy to wait on her and to see after her. But I am not ready to get into retirement mode because I know I am going to have a parish again.
Bonus: What are you enjoying/loving right now?
Until this recent hospitalization of J, I would have said, the redevelopment of the diocese. I went to a clergy meeting yesterday and am energized by the people there and the vision for the diocese. At the same time, I know that my duties require me to be at home rather than in a parish. I do not look forward to moving to at retirement center. I would like a smaller apartment but I am already claustrophobic.