Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding: Friday Five

There was a revgals pj party going on in the wee hours to watch the Royal Wedding. I won’t be one of them. I have done enough weddings to not want to go to another one, ever. I will get the highlights at 10:00.

With kathrynzj's help, here is a Royal Wedding Friday Five:



1) Will you be watching? If so, is this your first royal wedding?

No. I don’t remember Charles and Diana’s wedding so I don’t think I stayed up for that one either. But I did stay up to watch Diana’s funeral. I do remember the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, though.  It is about the first tv program I ever saw.  We were invited to a neighbor's house because we didn't have a tv.



2) The bride has chosen as her wedding cake a fruitcake. Where do you stand on this pastry?

I like nuts. Present company included.



3) The dress code for royal weddings has not seen the same sad decline as that for most other weddings. If you could design your own royal wedding hat, what color would it be and what special decoration would it feature?

The only hat that would get me into that wedding would be a mitre. And since +++Rowan has banned even the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of wearing her mitre while in the UK, I guess I would have to ‘carry’ my miter. But it would have to be white because that is what the color of mitre for weddings.  I am ever so liturgically correct, doncha know? I have often thought that a miter would fit my head shape anyway.



4) Any chance the Archbishop of Canterbury is using a Sustainable Sermon (tip of the mitre to the Vicar of Hogsmeade)? What would you tell the couple were you offering the homily?

Having followed what the ABC has said for many years now, I expect him to say something scholarly and totally unintelligible…and if he could work it in, something that was anti-American.

(And vicars don’t wear mitres, they wear birettas or zuchettas. Come now, you fashionists, let’s get our couture aright!)

I think I might recite the Jaborwocky for all that it would be heard by the British people.  They aren't there for the sermon. 


5) Believe it or not, kathrynzj is getting up early mostly to see the wedding dress. By the time this post is up, the world will have seen it. Did you like it?

I am not surprised that kjz is getting up to see the wedding dress. I have not seen it yet. I am a lesbian—I don’t care about what she is wearing unless it is leather and she’s riding a Harley!

ALTERNATIVELY: If you don't want to play this, and think we are goofballs, that's okay. Instead of telling us we're goofballs, why don't you tell us something fun you're going to do this weekend. We promise to get around to visit all of you eventually

I am preaching and celebrating Saturday and Sunday like most of us. This is fun for me. I won’t call you goofballs, because it has been fun just being snarky. ;>P

1 comment:

God_Guurrlll said...

LOL about the leather and a harley.

Yes a mitre would fit very well on your head.