See how I lay in Zion a stone of witness, a precious cornerstone, a foundation stone: The believer shall not stumble. And I will make justice the measure, integrity the plumb-line. Isaiah 28: 16-17.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Friday Five: What gets me out of bed.
Singing Owl has written a priceless Friday Five today and added this picture:
Where I am it is dark, and it is cold, and it is snowing. I really wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket cranked this morning. Share five things that made getting out of bed worthwhile for you today!
While it isn’t snowing here, it is dark and cold and added to Texas wind makes for a I-don’t-wanna-get-outta-bed day. But I am up and showered and have on clean clothes, with clean hair albeit without gel and am contemplating what I must do today.
1. J totaled her car last week so we must first go to the rental car company and get something other than the SUV that she is afraid to drive because it is too big and then go car shopping with what they give you from the insurance.
2. We have a 3 month old kitten who does not allow for inattention for very long in the morning if her dish is empty. It is a sad commentary on life when all that you get up for is to put food in a cat dish, but reality is often stranger than fiction.
3. I have to clean up the house before the cleaning ladies come. (I know, I know. It is a cliché, but I finally got out the winter clothes boxes and I need to get them out of the way before the ladies come.
4. Friday Five! Curling up with my heat-producing lap top and a cup of coffee with the Gals is something I look forward to each week. It is one of the ways that this old lady remembers what day it is….Thank you Singing Owl for your geriatric ministry! ;oD
5. I want to work on an article for a denominational website. Ah—the real work raises its ugly head.