1) Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and seen yourself with surprise? Why?
The first time I saw myself in my nun's habit I knew that change had happened. I was giddy with the moment but the reality was harder to understand. I had a similar experience when I first saw myself in clerics. Clothing does begin to change who you are, how you are perceived and how people respond to you. And then when I noticed that most of my hair was white and while it wasn't much of a surprise, I knew I had changed even though I didn't feel changed.
2) Have you ever witnessed a change in routine at church that upset people? (Hahahahaha!!!! I know you have!)
Whoohoo! Try moving the altar in an Episcopal Church! Try using inclusive language. And just last week, try talking about the LGBT gifts at a Same-Sex blessing in the parish--the first in a very conservative diocese!
3) Have you ever been surprised or inconvenienced by a change in a public setting (not church)?
Oh, Hell! I have been a part of the inconvenience of change since the early 60's. I was thrown out of history class in high school because I believed that Afro-Americans should go to the same school I did. I was run out of the RCC because I believed that women should be ordained. I was run out of my parish because I believe that Mexicans should go to church WITH us not just be provided space as a mission strategy. I was run out of another parish because I believed that in calling a gay man as bishop of NH the Church was doing a new thing. And I am still raising hell about LGBT folk being bullied or denied their rights as citizens. Cummon! I am a priest. I am not surprised--I am just preaching the Gospel!!!
4) Has the passage of time changed your understanding of something you used to think you knew for sure?
EVERYDAY! All I have to do is sit down to my computer!
5) Is there something you're trying to change, or want to change, in your life right now?
Is there anyway to stop the ageing process? I am changing everyday. It is part of life.